On my other site The Mad House I do a seasonal manifesto and I also did a financial winter manifesto this year, so wanted to let you know how I have been getting on.
I have actually done pretty well. Meal planning is still going strong, as is the cooking. On the reducing kitchen waste, well I have been reviewing a product called Kitchen Canny and I am really impressed. Decluttering started at a fast pace, but has petered off, so I need to get back on with that. The garden is going great guns and we bought a small greenhouse to help with the seeds.
Now on to my plans for Spring
- Get those seeds planted and potato sets in my raised beds and greenhouse
- Go to the park after school and take snacks for the boys, so that we do not buy treats at the shop
- Walk more places rather than take the car (I am more inclined to so this when the weather is good)
- Make Easter cards and presents rather than buy any
- Instead of buying cut flowers, buy small pots of bulbs, so that I can replant them in the garden
- Freeze any leftovers for my lunches
I would love any tips you have on small changes that can help make a difference in saving money.