I know, I know, this is a blog about being a thrifty mum, so why do I have a tumble dryer? Well I hold my hands up and say that we have one as we live in the frozen North of the country and it is often raining. We do not use it all that often, but there are times when I need to have things dried quicker than just leaving it around the house to dry on it's own.
So as with everything else I have the key to longevity and efficiency is keeping it in good condition and clean for when I do use it.
We happen to have a condenser dryer and use the water to water our plants etc.
After each use take out the lint filter and remove the fluff and empty the washer storage area.
Monthly when in use:
- Remove the condenser unit and run water through it to remove any lint build up
- Using a 50/50 white vinegar and water solution wipe the seals and inside the drum of the machine
- Remove the lint filter and wash and allow to dry
- Vacuum the filter area to remove any lint
- Pull out the tumble dryer and vacuum around the rear
- Wipe the top and rear of the machine with your vinegar solution
- Wipe the outside of the machine
As with the washing machine it pays to keep the door open when not in use.