I always have white vinegar in the house. It is part of my cleaning regime. So here I give you 15 uses for white vinegar
- Descaling shower head - detach & sit in a solution of half water/vinegar overnight
- Descaling the kettle - a few cm of half vinegar/water left over night in the kettle. You need to rice it and boil new water in the kettle about three times before using
- Cleaning windows and gglass: 1 part vinegar to 10 parts water (great for shower cubicles too)
- Getting rid of remnants of sticky labels - dab with neat vinegar
- Greasy/oily stains - dab with neat vinegar then wash
- Descale washing machines/dishwashers - run about a cup worth of vinegar through a rinse cycle
- Cheap fabric softener - replace fabric conditioner with about half a cup of vinegar in fabric conditioner drawer of washing machine (your washing will not smell of vinegar)
- Unblock drains/clear plug holes - pour approx one cup of vinegar over a cup of bicarbonate of soda
- Neutralising smells - dabbed, poured on areas depending on material at site
- Poaching eggs, I add a cap full of cider vinegar to keep the whites together
- Removing rust - soak in neat vinegar overnight
- Deoderising dry clean only clothes - add a cup full of vinegar to a hot bath and hang the clothes above overnight.
- Clean the fridge - by washing with a solution of equal parts water and vinegar.
- Wasp stings - dab on neat vinegar
- Cleaning vases and decanters - part fill with a half water, half vinegar solution and a handful of rice. Shake occasionally.
What other uses of white vinegar do you know?