I am a firm believer in life being what you make of it and that the universe will provide, but I am also aware that the economy is not getting any better and there is nothing wrong it doing what I can.
So this year I am going to make a concerted effort to earn more and spend less. As a family we have our first ever big holiday coming on November as we have booked to go to Florida with my brother and his family, which gives me a goal to look forward to.
So I am going to start the year with the following seasonal financial goals:
- Declutter - As I get older I am learning that I actually need less physical things to make me happy. So the aim of the next three months is to start paring down what we have.
- Use what I have. I have lots of fabric etc, so I am going to make the most of it and use it before replenishing it or buying any more.
- Use the library more. Less buying of books, more borrowing them.
- Plan. I am going to get a new year book purely for financial planning (My old one is falling to bits). I write down when everything is due.
- Menu plan. I will endeavor to use up all our left overs.
What are your financial goals for the next three months?