Aha, before I share my summer financial manifesto, I need to let you know how I managed with the Spring goals and aims.....................
- Declutter in the hope of doing a couple of car boot sales once they start again after Easter - The weather has been terrible, so I am doing the boot sale in the summer!
- Look for a part time job whilst the boys are in school - I keep looking, it seems to be the Holy Grail!
- Check out car insurances as out policies are due for renewal - We did this and remained with our current provider as they were the lest expensive.
- Hold a budget friendly birthday party for Maxi who turns eight - We did manage this.
- Make not buy cards. In addition to Maxi's birthday we have mothers day and our wedding anniversary in March. I have lots of craft things, so me and the boys are going to have a card making session - We have not bought a card all spring. Will be making fathers day cards too
- Arrange to have the boiler serviced - failed with this, so will arrange over the summer
- Have a spend free April - only buy what is essential. - Again this didn't happen
I need to keep spending down to a minimum over the summer as we are going on a family holiday in the Autumn with my brother and family.
- Take a picnic and flask on all days out
- Find out about free activities over the summer
- Allocate a budget to summer days out
- Get together a summer bag for the car with kite, swimming things, ball etc in for adhoc days out
- Make our own ice creams and lollies, we will escape the lure of the ice cream van
- Do a car boot sale
- Declutter the garage and sell what I can
- book a boiler service
- Make the most of the food we grow in the garden and remember to keep sowing more salad leaves throughout the summer
I would love to know your financial goals for the next three months.