This week we are looking at ways to save money in your bedroom.
- Use the appropriate tog quilt - make sure you add a heavier weight quilt on to your bed in the autumn or if you do not have a heavier one, then layer up with flannel sheets and blankets.
- Use a hot water bottle in your bed.
- Line your curtains or add a blind
- Shut your curtains at dusk.
- Fit programmable radiator valves. These will allow you to set different heating patterns for every room in the house, so you don't have to go round turning the radiator valves up and down throughout the day.
- Turn your mattress regularly. This extend the life of your mattress by regularly turning it. Some mattresses can be turned and flipped – others only turned – so check with your manufacturer.
- Turn off lights when not in the room.
- Get into the habit of keeping doors closed.
- If you have a spare room why not consider renting it out.
- Wear socks to bed in cold weather to keep your feet warm. Appently people with warm feet get to sleep 20 minutes faster than people with cold feet!
Previous posts in this series include: